Aurora






Crop top- Dori; Skirt- Vero moda; Accessories-Thrifted; Shoes- Bata

Living in this country, it is not difficult to be reminded every day of the magic in the crafts and textiles of India. Yet nowadays we fail to see it. Every corner of this country has it's own style and uniqueness and yet we are failing to carry forward that uniqueness. We just want to blend in. And I, being a true metropolitan city girl, was no different. But a lot has changed since I began working on Dori. It was an awakening to see the lives of the weavers, go into their homes and see them work all day in the blistering sun. That changes you. It is more than just a piece of fabric. It is history, It is a legacy and it is the world for the weavers. Personally for me, Ilkal handwovens is a story. It is my roots. Ilkal weave is my home.

Shop this top here
Photographs by Arvind Sridhar     

Popular Posts